Zucchini season will be here before you know it. Especially if you live or spend your winters in the warmer climates like I do here in Arizona. These were fun to make a just delicious, even my main man liked them and he has extremely discriminating tastes. Try this when zucchini season hits I think you will like them too. One last thing, just bake them to el dente’ otherwise they get mushy. Hope you enjoy them.
- 3 Zucchini washed and split lengthwise ends removed and scoop it out a little
- 2 Roma Tomatoes sliced thin
- 6 Ozs. Mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 Ozs. Parmesan cheese grated or flaked
- 6 Basil leaves fresh sliced thin
- 2 Garlic cloves minced very fine
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
In a bowl mix the garlic, salt and pepper, let stand for 20 minutes.
Brush the zucchini with olive oil, making sure to use it all evenly between the boats.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper mix over each boat and then top each boat with mozzarella.
Place tomato slices along the top of the boats evenly and top with basil.
Place the boats on a foil lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.