I don’t think it’s ever been a secret that I love Asian food. I also don’t think it’s ever been a secret that Todd hates it. How do you not love soy sauce? It’s not normal.
I love salt, so anything with Soy Sauce is a-ok with me! I sort of hacked a few recipes and some ideas together to make these. I prefer boneless thighs – they’re more moist and less expensive than chicken breast. Even my anti-Asian hubby liked them!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cut into 1/2" Chunks
- 1/2 Pkg Rice Noodles
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 C Cilantro Leaves just a few per cup are perfect - omit if you hate cilantro
- Crunchy Noodles
- 1/2 of a Red Pepper diced or small slivers
- 2 Tbsp Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil or EVOO if you dont have grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1 Tsp minced/mashed Ginger i use the jarred stuff so it's like a paste
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic 1-2 Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
In a large zip bag combine 1 Tbsp Oil, chili paste, garlic, ginger & soy sauce and dump in the chicken pieces. Mash around really well, massaging each nugget of chicken through the bag and let sit for 20 minutes
Heat 1 Tbsp Grapeseed (or EVOO) oil in a wok or large skillet until popping hot, carefully dump in the chicken and stir fry over very high heat so it doesnt "boil" in the sauce.
When chicken is about 1/2 way done - put 3 cups of water on to boil and when it comes to a boil, toss in the rice noodles. These only cook about 3-4 minutes so be ready to drain fast.
When chicken is nearly done, toss in the red peppers and stir fry until crisp tender and chicken is done - sprinkle on Sesame Seeds and stir through and cook a bit more to toast the seeds a bit.
Serve on a platter alongside the noodles.
To build your cup of yum, take a lettuce leaf, line with noodles and top with chicken - sprinkle on a few leaves of cilantro and some crunchy noodles if you like them - add a small drop of good Soy Sauce and Yum!