I’m always on the lookout for leftover recipes. This turkey chili recipe uses holiday leftovers, but you could easily use leftover chicken, like a rotisserie chicken. It uses canned beans, you could use dried very easily and have no problem at all. I recommend the white dried great northern beans. They’re easy to deal with and don’t require overnight soaking.
I served mine with cornbread, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. We like cheese in any sort of chili!
Leftover Turkey Chili
- 1/2 onion small dice
- 1 small green pepper small dice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 C chicken or Turkey broth
- 2 Cups Diced Chicken or Turkey or whatever you have left - 1 cup works too
- 2 15 oz cans Cannelini or Great Northern Beans
- 1 15 oz can green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp arbol chile powder
Brown onions and green pepper in olive oil in a dutch oven
Add in Diced Turkey until warm
Add broth, enchilada sauce, oregano, cumin, chile powder, and bring to a simmer.
Simmer on med/low for about an hour, remove 1 C of hot broth and dissolve cornstarch in the broth and add back in, bring to light boil and cook for 20 more minutes