I’m a big fan of soups in the winter. Soups that I can make in the crockpot are even better. This is a pretty flexible recipe, use what you have. I used frozen green chiles, but you could absolutely use canned. This is a really good way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken as well – just shred it up and put it into the soup in rough shreds.
I have had this turn out in varying degrees of creaminess. I tried adding cream cheese, but it’s too sweet, I think Mexican Creama might work well. I didn’t make this recipe to turn out very creamy, so you might want to add a bit more cream to yours, just be careful not to cook the cream because it will curdle.
Chicken Green Chile Corn Chowder
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 12 oz frozen hatch green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken - i freeze this for when i need it later
- 1 cup frozen green beans optional
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup half and half or cream i'll probably stir this in right before i serve it - if you add it too early it will curdle
Dump it all in the crock pot - cook on low for 4-6 hours if your stock is thawed out - mine is frozen so i'll probably have to cook it longer 🙂