It’s summer – and while it’s been unseasonably cool in Colorado this last week – It’s not going to last. We generally crave something a bit sweet in the evenings but tend to not buy cookies and candies at the store. I prefer to make something, but turning on the oven in the summer can be torture – even at night when its cooler outside.
I started saving no-bake dessert ideas awhile back on Pinterest, and thought I’d compile the ones I’ve liked into a post so I have it handy and can share it with all of you. My criteria for the list was 4 fold – 1) obviously no baking; 2) easy to assemble – one bowl or pan usually; 3) no exotic ingredients its hard to find in western Colorado; and 4) no fruit and chocolate together – because GROSS.
If you have something you’d like to add – just let me know!
- No Bake Oatmeal Scotchies – super easy and yummy – these are a spin on the classic no-bake cookies.
- No Bake Cake Batter Truffles – these almost break my “easy to assemble” rule – they’re not hard – just take more than 1 dish/pan – but they’re fun & tasty. Add a lollipop stick for a fun party snack.
- No Bake Avalanche Cookies – these are insanely rich – I split one with my sweetie.
- No Bake Samoas – Not quite girl scout cookies – but coconut. Mmmm
- Cookie Dough Dip – I know we’re not supposed to eat raw cookie dough – or raw flour these days – this is a way to get that cookie dough flavor and still make the government cookie dough oversight committee happy.
- No Bake Thin Mint Cookies – I know, not quite the same thing – but sooo tasty!
- I Want To Marry You Cookie Dough Bars – these do not make the cookie dough oversight committee happy – but I don’t really care. these are amazing.
- Pretzel No Bake Cookie Recipe – a spin on the traditional no bake cookie – the salty pretzels cut the sweet – making these more complex and tasty.
- Coconut Lemon Cookies – these are paleo – but I don’t care about that. They call for vanilla bean paste, which is strictly a mail-order item here – I just used good vanilla extract – yum!
- No Bake Key Lime Pie – I love key lime pie – tart and sweet – really refreshing on a hot day. This is a yummy and easy no-bake version. I bought a graham cracker crust instead of using their almond crust. You can do whichever you prefer 🙂
- No Bake Key Lime Pie Parfaits – It’s no secret I hate pudding. A lot. But these parfaits are more like a lime curd – which doesn’t get my pudding gag reflex going – and its so refreshing on a hot day. Our local Walmart sells the key lime juice so it’s fairly easy to get.
- Ghirardelli and Biscoff No Bake Cookies – These are my favorite go-to no bake cookie – and they have Biscoff spread – or cookie butter – or speculous butter if that’s what your store calls it – in them. SO GOOD.
- No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake – This one has a weird ingredient – cannoli shells – which i cant really find around here – and could order. I used Nila Wafers instead and it was really tasty – not QUITE the same – but it seemed to be a good substitute. I have no patience to make an actual cannoli – so this was a good “get the flavor without the fuss” replacement.