This is another fabulous Tish recipe. I need to get her bio on this site because her stuff is AMAZING! She has a Zucchini Carpaccio recipe that will bring down the HOUSE!
I store mine in mason jars – THIS IS NOT a canning recipe.
There is a local restaurant that makes something similar to this – but this is way better and you control the spice and the ingredients – can’t ask for anything more!
Spicy Mexican Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- 1 head green cabbage shredded
- 4 ea ripe tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 ea small white onion coarsely chopped
- 1 ea small red onion coarsely chopped
- 1 ea bunch cilantro coarsely chopped
- 2 cans can chopped jalapenos with juice 4 oz each
- 3 Tbsp canola oil enough to moisten
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1/2 pinch Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder to taste
Toss veggies and herbs, drizzle canola oil and toss again. Add seasonings, careful to taste and not over salt. Let stand 10 mins and enjoy with tortilla chips.