I am always on the lookout for low calorie, fast, simple, and tasty recipes – and this one is a winner. Fast, tasty, and flexible – use it to clean out the fridge and use up the odds and ends in your veggie drawer.
Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breast halves cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon oil of your liking
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder optional
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1/2 Red Pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion slivered
- 1/4 C Shredded Carrot
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp fresh garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ⁄2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar use white if you don’t have rice vinegar
Cut chicken breasts into strips - dust with a tiny bit of salt (we’re adding soy sauce, don’t go overboard), pepper and the 5 spice powder if you have it
Heat oil in a frying pan.
Add chicken strips and stir fry over medium-high heat, turning constantly until done.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate
In the hot pan, add your carrot, onion, pepper, garlic and ginger - stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then add in cabbage and saute for a few more minutes.
Add Chicken back in and toss
Mix cornstarch, water, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl until smooth
Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.