I am always on the lookout for low calorie, fast, simple, and tasty recipes – and this one is a winner. Fast, tasty, and flexible – use it to clean out the fridge and use up the odds and ends in your veggie drawer.
Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
Fast, Tasty, Easy - clean out the fridge with this one!
Write a review
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon oil of your liking
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder (optional)
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, slivered
- 1/4 C Shredded Carrot
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar (use white if you don’t have rice vinegar)
- Cut chicken breasts into strips - dust with a tiny bit of salt (we’re adding soy sauce, don’t go overboard), pepper and the 5 spice powder if you have it
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add chicken strips and stir fry over medium-high heat, turning constantly until done.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate
- In the hot pan, add your carrot, onion, pepper, garlic and ginger - stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then add in cabbage and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add Chicken back in and toss
- Mix cornstarch, water, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl until smooth
- Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
Looks Like Homemade https://lookslikehomemade.com/