This is another fabulous Tish recipe. I need to get her bio on this site because her stuff is AMAZING! She has a Zucchini Carpaccio recipe that will bring down the HOUSE!
I store mine in mason jars – THIS IS NOT a canning recipe.
There is a local restaurant that makes something similar to this – but this is way better and you control the spice and the ingredients – can’t ask for anything more!
- 1 head green cabbage shredded
- 4 ea ripe tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 ea small white onion coarsely chopped
- 1 ea small red onion coarsely chopped
- 1 ea bunch cilantro coarsely chopped
- 2 cans can chopped jalapenos with juice, 4 oz each
- 3 Tbsp canola oil enough to moisten
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1/2 pinch Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder to taste
- Toss veggies and herbs, drizzle canola oil and toss again. Add seasonings, careful to taste and not over salt. Let stand 10 mins and enjoy with tortilla chips.