I store mine in mason jars – THIS IS NOT a canning recipe.
There is a local restaurant that makes something similar to this – but this is way better and you control the spice and the ingredients – can’t ask for anything more!
This salsa will get better overnight as flavors meld. Makes enough for a big party, 14-16 servings!
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 4 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2, 4oz cans chopped jalapenos w/ juice
- About 3 T canola oil – enough to moisten salad
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder, to taste
- Toss veggies and herbs, drizzle canola oil and toss again. Add seasonings, careful to taste and not over salt. Let stand 10 mins and enjoy with tortilla chips.