Share List I love Food Network – its an addiction, almost as strong as my addition to recipe & food magazines. Yes, I know I can find all of the recipes online, but holding that color photo of yummy food in my hand and curling […]
Lots of bloggers post their weekly menu plans, so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and let you all know what’s going on the table in Hillville this week.
I just got back from picking up my Bountiful Basket of fruit and veggies, so that will deinitely figure prominently in my menu. If you havent checked out this food co-op, give it a loo – i save about 60% on veggies for the week when I order, and their breads and case quantities are great. This is where i got the case of apples for my Apple Butter.
So here’s what we’re having this week:
- Saturday 4-14 – Nachos – with everything but the kitchen sink…the kids are weenies, so we put all the toppings on and everyone builds their own. For dessert, chocolate brownies – This is a recipe from A Flexible Life and I’d NEVER heard of it before – I’m so trying this!
- Sunday 4-15 – Pork Green Chile – A recipe that I found over at Food.com but have tweaked a lot, I’ll be rewriting and posting it here shortly. I got some tomatoes and onions in my basket that will go into this – need to get some green chiles at the market tho.
- Monday 4-16 – Leftover Green Chile – either with eggs or beans and tortillas
- Tuesday 4-17 – Chicken Caesar Salad – I got a really nice head of romaine with my veggies – so this will be perfect!
- Wednesday 4-18 – Spaghetti with meatballs – the sauce is made from the Wildtree Spaghetti Sauce mix I love – try out their stuff – you will love it too.
- Thursday 4-19 – I’m craving street food from NYC – since that’s not going to happen this week, I’m going to try Alton Brown’s Gyros – with beef. This recipe has lots of steps, including an overnight step, so i might improvise a bit. Note: I don’t do lamb.
- Friday 4-20 – Grilled Cheese (Maddie Specials, of course) and Sweet Potato Fries….yum……