I am a fan of the crispy taco. The soft taco is good, too – but sometimes the crunch is just what you need. But I needed a taco recipe that solved the dreaded crunchy taco disintegration issue – this Oven Baked Tacos Recipe does the job.
I thought the issue was just the way the taco crumbled UNTIL I found this oven baked taco recipe. The one I found had chicken in it, which is good – but I had ground beef thawed out and no black beans…what’s a gal to do?
Well first, I had to solve the bean problem. Instant Pot (or Cuisinart in my case) to the rescue! I found a recipe for Slow Cooker Charro Beans that looked good – but I wanted to make some adjustments, and not have to cook them for 10 hours, so I adapted it for the Pressure Cooker an came up with these Instant Pot Pinto Beans.
Then I turned the beans and my ground beef into these AMAZING baked tacos. I made a batch of my Cowboy Caviar to go on top (sans the beans, too many beans did not a happy home make).
SO – by baking the topping in the shells with a bit of cheese, the bottoms get a bit soft – still kinda crunchy though – and they don’t break into a million pieces. PERFECTO!
Give these a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 pkg Stand & Stuff Taco Shells
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2/3 C Pressure Cooker Charro Beans (or a can of pinto beans, drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 C Onion, minced
- 1/2 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- *Favorite Taco Toppings
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400
- Brown ground beef and drain if necessary, add in the beans and add taco seasoning and water - let cook until thick and remove from heat
- While ground beef and beans are cooking - arrange taco shells in a 13x9 cake pan so they're all propping each other up and standing nicely
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of meat mixture into the shells and divide between all of them until filling is distributed
- Add a few tablespoons of cheese to the top of each taco and bake for 8-10 minutes. WATCH THESE because the top of the shells will burn if you forget about them. Remove when cheese is melted
- Top with your favorites & Enjoy!