My lovely daughter Madison is a good kid. Both my kids are great, actually – and super smart. They also love their momma’s cookin’ – which makes me feel great
Maddie’s favorite sammich is a grilled cheese with turkey - affectionately known as a “Maddie special.” It’s super simple – but in my experience, dressing up a grilled cheese is something that doesn’t really come naturally to lots of people…so I thought I’d share the steps to this yummy sammich here.
- 2 Slices Bread (maddie likes this on day-old french bread sliced on the diagonal)
- 2 Slices Colby Jack or Swiss Cheese
- 2-3 oz Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Breast (Jennie-O from the Deli)
- Place your turkey in a hot skillet and brown it off - make sure it's "dried out" a tad. Maddie does NOT like slimy sandwich meat.
- Butter the "outsides" of your slices of bread & lay one slice butter side down in a hot skillet when your turkey is done
- Add a piece of cheese, the turkey, another piece of cheese and the last slice of bread, butter side up
- Toast until golden brown on both sides