My husband LOVES oatmeal for breakfast. He is a die-hard breakfast eater and will not start his day without it. Winter is mostly oatmeal, summer is cold cereal. His favorite oatmeal flavor is Raisins and Spice – dilemma: you cannot BUY raisins & spice oatmeal in the burg where we live. Okay – we don’t live in a burg, we live in ABFE (Almost BFE.)
I went digging online and found a few different resources for making your own instant oatmeal packets, I mixed & matched and developed a recipe for Raisin & Spice Oatmeal that Todd loves and his hunting buddies like, also.
It’s really simple – and takes just a few ingredients you probably have or can very easily get. I seal these up in snack size zip baggies for ease of use. you can use regular baggies if you dont have the snack size, you can also use reusable containers.
NOTE: one package is equal to TWO envelopes of the store bought stuff!
This recipe makes 10 packets – adjust to make what you’d like
- 6 1/4 C Quick Oats
- 1 1/4 C Brown Sugar
- 10 Tbsp Raisins
- Put 1 1/4 C Quick Oats in your blender or food processor and grind into a flour-like substance, pour out and set aside
- Open 10 baggies and scoop in 1/2 C oats
- Add 2 Tbsp Powdered Oats to each baggie
- Add 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar to each baggie
- Add 1 Tbsp Raisins to Each Baggie
- Add 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon to each Baggie
- Add 1/4 tsp. Allspice to each Baggie
- To serve dump one baggie in a bowl and add approx 3/4C boiling water, cover and let sit for 1-2 minutes. You can also add 3/4 C cold water and mix, microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes