I am really enjoying my 30-day challenges . The truth is, 30 days is a LONG time! I’m on day 21 of my couch to 5k challenge (that one is more like a 70-day challenge) and feel pretty good. Have been super busy so tweaking the days around and I need to double up on a workout today, but other than that – doing great.
Maddie and I have been talking about how we eat, nutrition, and exercise lately. She’s in great shape and has some good definition in her muscles and a GREAT water drinking habit. Good girl! We’ve talked about changing the way we eat to be more healthy. I think now is a great time for her because she’ll be setting life long habits, and I’ll be breaking life long habits.
We decided to try out the “Skinny Rules” for 30 days. We’re on a “test run” this week until she leaves for Grandmas on Sunday. It’s hard to do those things when you’re not at home and dont have a support system.
Are you familiar with the rules? Technically we should buy the book- but the rules are outlined and have been running around Pinterest for awhile. They’re part of the rules Bob Harper gives his Biggest Loser contestants. I’m not sure we can be 100% diligent 100% of the time, but we’re going to do our best.
Here are the rules in a nutshell:
- Drink a large glass of water before every meal – no excuses
- Don’t Drink Calories
- Eat protein in ever meal
- Slash your intake of refined flours and grains
- 30-50 grams of fiber every day
- Eat apples and berries every single day
- No carbs after lunch
- Learn to read food labels
- Stop guessing about portion size
- No more added sweeteners or artificial sweeteners
- No White Potatoes
- Make one day a week meatless
- Get rid of fast foods and fried foods
- Eat a real breakfast
- Make your own food at home at least 10 meals a week
- Banish high-salt foods
- Eat your veggies
- Go to bed hungry
- Sleep right
- Plan one Splurge meal a week
So we’ll see how we do, I’ll likely be sharing my progress on my personal Facebook profile, if we’re friend