These are a much requested cookie in our house. Todd likes them with Pecans as well as Walnuts – so choose whichever you like. They freeze, transport and mail quite well. They don’t get super brown – so don’t overbake waiting for them to brown up!
In some cookies, it is okay to substitute margarine – but these just dont taste or turn out the same if you do substitute. They’re not bad, just not as good…so use the real stuff.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 ea large eggs
- 4 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup walnuts
- Combine sugar, powdered sugar, oil, and butter in a large bowl (I use my kitchen aid) add vanilla and eggs.
- In a smaller bowl; blend flour, soda and cream of tartar, add to wet mix and mix gently until powders disappear.
- Fold in nuts and bake on ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes at 375°.