I modified a recipe from IHeartNapTime.net to come up with these yummy cookies. The vanilla pudding keeps the cookies soft – and the oat flour adds some texture to the cookie. I LOVE the original recipe – but the nut lovers in my house wanted a bit of a variation – and I wanted to double it.
My husband, who thinks most dessert is ‘too sweet’ likes these with ONLY walnuts – instead of with chocolate and walnuts. I Split the batter and mix in 2C Chocolate Chips and 1 C walnuts into 1/2 and 1 1/2 C Walnuts ONLY into the other half. Everyone is happy!
- 2 cup margarine (or butter) softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 - 3.4 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding mix (you cannot use 1 large box - it doesn't double correctly.
- 4 eggs (at room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cup flour
- 1 c oat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix room temp butter, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla together in the bowl of your mixer until creamed
- In a separate bowl, mix together flours, baking powder & baking soda
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in with the wet
- Split the finished batter between the two bowls
- In one bowl of batter add 1 1/2 C chocolate chips and 1 C walnuts
- In the other bowl of batter add in 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- If you only want to make 1 batch - 2C nuts, 2C chocolate chips